From Mary's Journal:

Mary 1945
  January 21, 1946

Yesterday certainly was an exciting day. Sophie got married to Doc in Montreal and I was her maid-of-honour.  She looked so beautiful and I know she was very happy.


I left for Montreal on Friday from U of T.  On Saturday at Rosa's, I met a very wonderful person -- Sidney Blum -- my cousin from New York.  I liked him immediately.  That night we had a party of five couples and we went dancing at the Ritz Carleton Hotel.  I was with Al Myrovitch.  He didn't change a bit -- the wolf.  But I really had a swell time. I returned to Toronto this morning by sleeper.

Friday, Jan. 25/46

Dear Diary,

I received a marvellous letter from my cousin Sidney on Tuesday.  It was full of his philosophical convictions and good advice to me, and I felt very thrilled to think that he cared enough to write me.  I answered him yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Mary's Journal: Mary 1945   January 21, 1946 Yesterday certainly was an exciting day. Sophie got married to Doc in Montreal and I w...